Help desk position opportunity
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides 3rd level installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with Helpdesk, LAN Operations, Networking and Application groups as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Experience running systems diagnostics and interpretation of diagnostic information for desktops, laptops and their peripherals.
- Administration of cabling infrastructure within the environment (MDF IDF) for workstation and telecommunications equipment.
- Coordinates hardware repairs with vendors, when appropriate.
- Travels to remote locations to provide desk side support (milage @ 66Cents/mile), installations and user training. This includes support for other IT disciplines, including LAN WAN and enterprise application support.
- Supports on call schedule and response to priority incidents as needed.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement solutions to technological problems.
- Maintains an inventory of all client hardware and software for the entire company.
- Contributes to the group knowledge tool for tips, tricks and documented procedures.
- Identifies and documents troubleshooting and or installation procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains and assists with the development of support processes and procedures.
- Utilizes remote access tools to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Meets defined service levels for response and resolution to users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Tech should be well versed with SCCM,
- High School or equivalent knowledge. Associates Degree preferred. A+ certification preferred.
- Minimum two years equivalent desktop support (level 2 or above).
- Strong written and verbal skills, command of basic grammar and diction appropriate to an IT Support Center and a confidant and personable demeanour.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills required with the ability to translate technical information in a manner that can be understood by the average client.
- Customer support skills, troubleshooting with the ability to defuse potentially intense situations and satisfy the customer’s expectations while also projecting a positive attitude with professionalism and tact.
- Knowledge of ticket tracking systems, incident logging and resolution, categorization, urgency determination, customer follow-up, and SLA metrics required.
- Excellent computer literacy and computer operation skills of all software, hardware, and web-based systems such as Windows, Macintosh, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Lotus Notes, Showcase, Microsoft Office, PC hardware, etc.
- Functional knowledge of various types of computer networking protocols and routing. Including, but not limited to, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, WLAN, this will include functional use of Aircards, MiFi, and similar devices.
Document Requirements: Resume, head pose photograph (preferably on a light background) along with a copy of DL.
Mandatory Requirement: BGV/Drug test through us. The BGV fee will be paid by us.
Jobsite Location: Quebec City
Please send your resume to [email protected], your email subject should include help desk position and your full name.